News / Events / Spotlights
Check here to see highlights of upcoming events at Calvary.
Save the Date
- LUNCH BUNCH--Tuesday, Jan 25th; Debbie’s Country Kitchen, 6584 Winchester Ave, Inwood; R.S.V.P. by Tuesday, January 18th
- CCAP FOOD DRIVE--first Sunday each month!
- MOVIE NIGHT IN THE GYM: January 21st, 5PM; "I Can Only Imagine"; Popcorn, snacks, soda and water will be available. There is no charge for this movie, so bring all of your family and friends!
- BOWLING & BILLIARDS PARTY @ SHEPHERD U--January 28th, 6pm to 8pm; There is no charge for this event, but we will be accepting donations to cover expenses. Email Wanda Swan at firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP.
- DINNER DANCE--February 12th, the Youth Group will be hosting for our church members. Doors open at 5pm with Dinner at 5:30. Dinner will be fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans and dessert. Tickets will be $9.00 per person. Reservations have to be in by February 1st. Child care will be provided. A Photobooth will be provided as well so you can snap your photo as a remembrance of a great evening!
- 2021 CONTRIBUTION STATEMENTS--For those in the congregation who use church offering envelopes for their tithes and offerings, the 2021 Contribution Statements will be mailed during the week of January 24th, 2022, due to the continuation of the Covid pandemic. If there are any questions or concerns, please contact Donna Yost
- FAITH FEEDING FREEDOM--Calvary's FFF bagging is the first Friday of each month @ 10 AM in the Calvary UMC kitchen
- SOUND & VIDEO TECH SPONSORS NEEDED--Jillian Albright is being trained as our sound & video technician to work the new system that was recently installed. We will be asking for sponsors to pay her $30 a week. If you would like to sponsor a week please call the church office at 304-267-4542 or email email@example.com. You can make checks payable to Calvary UMC and write S&V Tech Sponsor on memo line.
- CALVARY PRAYER WALKS--We will be walking the 4th Thursday of every month. At 6:00pm, all are invited to come and gather in the parking lot of Calvary Church for the next prayer walk. If there is a large number of walkers gathering, we will split up and walk the city in different directions. Those who cannot physically walk are invited gather in the courtyard of Calvary Church and pray for the city until the walkers return. If you are unable to attend, please stop where you are and pray for the city for 45 minutes to an hour. Join us as you are able.